China Open announced last week that the Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing has been appointed as the Official Hotel of the Tournament on a long-term basis.  China's Grand Slam scale event will be held in the Capital from September 10-26 under sanction from the ATP and WTA.

Tournament officials also confirmed that the 300 plus international players participating in the China Open would be accommodated at the Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing during their entire stay in the Capital.  The Event has already confirmed the attendance of top-star players from over 20 countries including the newly crowned Princess of Wimbledon Maria Sharapova, 14-time Grand Slam title winner Serena Williams, Grand Slam titleholders Marat Safin, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Carlos Moya and China's own Zheng Jie.

We are very pleased to designate the Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing as the Official Hotel of the China Open.  It is a fact that we will have a very large number of significant celebrities attending the China Open.  This will be a truly star-studded event and it is very important that the players feel comfortable and have a great time in Beijing.  Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing is selected for its fine reputation for the highest quality service and the wonderful new facilities since its recent multi-million refurbishment program. The China Open is partnering with the Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing in ensuring that the players from the ATP and WTA enjoy Beijing at its very best, said
Mr. Lincoln Venancio, Tournament Director of China Open.

We are delighted that Shangri-La, Beijing is selected as the Official Hotel of the China Open.  We fully understand the China Open's ambition to become one of the world's top five tennis tournaments and Asia's premier sports event.  We will deliver our trademark Shangri-La service and hospitality to the China Open players and guests, said Mr. George Wee, General Manager of the Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing.

The Open aims to become the world's fifth Major and will be televised nationwide by CCTV for over 150 hours.  Ticket sales were launched in late July under very strong demand from fans.  Over 600,000 fans are expected to attend this major festival of tennis which also counts on the participation of the ATP's former French Open champions Juan Carlos Ferrero, Carlos Moya and finalist Guillermo Coria, former US Open champion Marat Safin, top 10 stars David Nalbandian and Rainer Schuettler, Asian number one Paradorn Srichaphan, and Dominik Hrbaty, Taylor Dent, Younes El Aynaoui, Hicham Arazi, Sjeng Schalken and many others.  The women's field includes China's new tennis star Zheng Jie, newly crowned Queen of Wimbledon and Princess of tennis Maria Sharapova, WTA top 10 Kuznetsova, Zvonareva and fourteen-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams and famous Serbia player Jelena Dokic.